The Lübeck Cathedral (German: Dom zu Lübeck, or colloquially Lübecker Dom) is a large brick Lutheran cathedral in Lübeck, Germany and part of Lübeck's world heritage. It was started in 1173 by Henry the Lion as a cathedral for the Bishop of Lübeck. It was partly destroyed in a bombing raid in World War II (1942), and later reconstructed. The organ by Arp Schnitger was lost in the fire. The current church was finished in 1982.