The Medical Arts Building is a Beaux-Arts style building located at the northern end of Downtown Atlanta. The 12-story brick and limestone building by architect G. Lloyd Preacher, also designer of Atlanta City Hall, was constructed in 1927. In addition to its medical facilities - deemed as some of the most modern and well-equipped when it opened, the building once featured a cafeteria, drugstore and telegraph office. It was also amongst the first to have a covered parking garage. However, its nearly 89,000 square feet (8,300 mÂ²) of space have been vacant since 1995.