Monastery of Saint Saviour

中文 Deutsch Polski Español עברית

Monastery of Saint Saviour
Wikipedia

The Monastery of Saint Saviour (Hebrew: מנזר סן סלוודור‎) is a Catholic Franciscan monastery located on 1 Saint Francis Street, east of the New Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem. The site was purchased from the Georgian Orthodox Church in 1560 with permission by Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent of the Ottoman Empire, and the monastery was constructed in stages. The church building was erected in 1885, with renovation in 1985. The site includes a printing press, an organ workshop, a library and a Catholic school.




Impressum